The latest issue of the Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is now published.
In this issue
- Continuing Practice Development – Nick Holmes explains the changes to CPD being implemented by the SRA and the BSB
- Data protection – David Flint of MacRoberts considers two recent developments relating to data protection and trade secrets
- Customer care – Mindy Gofton of I-COM looks at the potential of using chatbots for customer service
- IT security – Lynda Minns considers the measures independent practitioners need to take in relation to IT security
- Legal software – Delia Venables describes the products from 30 suppliers offering cloud-based software for lawyers
- Data protection – Alex Heshmaty of Legal Words introduces the new General Data Protection Regulation
Do you need CPD?
Our new Internet for Lawyers CPD 2016 competence courses are based on materials that have appeared in the Newsletter. They will guide you through the legal resources and tools available, help you understand the internet and the legal issues it raises and assist you in the practical application of internet services to your legal practice.
For 2016 we have added the facility for you to maintain a learning and development record that will satisfy SRA and BSB CPD requirements.
Solicitors can earn up to 16 hours CPD, barristers up to 12 hours CPD, online right now.
An individual full subscription for access to all materials and CPD record management costs £120+VAT; a group subscription for up to 5 members costs £300+VAT; larger groups £60+VAT each additional member.
As well as considering our courses for your own requirements, could you forward this email to a colleague you think might be interested? We would greatly appreciate this.
Thanks and enjoy the Newsletter.
Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
5 Coval Passage
London SW14 7RE