The latest issue of the Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is now published. Print subscribers will receive their print issues shortly.
In this issue
- Legal practice – Jordan Furlong argues for the development of the technology-enabled, “intangible” law firm
- Digital marketing – Gavin Ward of Moore Legal Technology suggests how firms should use website analytics
- Copyright – Laurence Kaye explains why EU copyright law will remain central to UK digital business
- Legal software – Delia Venables provides an overview of her A to Z of legal software suppliers
- Current awareness – Paul Magrath of the ICLR describes a number of useful legal email alerts for practitioners
- Internet – Alex Heshmaty of Legal Words explains and illustrates the concept of Net Neutrality
- CPD – CPD for barristers in 2017
- Publishers – The IALS Open Book Service for Law
- Future of law – Nick Holmes on upgrading the law and lawyers
Barristers – do you need CPD?
Thanks to those who have already purchased our new Internet for Lawyers CPD 2016 competence courses and a reminder to barristers who need CPD for 2016 that you can do it with us online right now.
Our courses are based on materials that have appeared in the Newsletter. They will guide you through the legal resources and tools available, help you understand the internet and the legal issues it raises and assist you in the practical application of internet services to your legal practice. For 2016 we have added the facility for you to maintain a learning and development record that will satisfy BSB CPD requirements.
We are a BSB accredited provider and barristers can earn up to 12 hours CPD with our courses, online right now.
An individual full subscription for access to all materials and CPD record management costs £120+VAT; a group subscription for up to 5 members costs £300+VAT; larger groups £60+VAT each additional member.
As well as considering our courses for your own requirements, could you forward this email to any colleagues who might be interested? We would greatly appreciate this.
Thanks and enjoy the Newsletter.
Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
5 Coval Passage
London SW14 7RE